Addressable call systems work by having individually addressed detectors, wired within a loop around a premise and then reporting back to a control panel. As each detector has an individual address, they can report their exact location and most can send a status report as well, for example Healthy, In Alarm or In Fault back to the control panel.
The Addressable Call Systems main features include:
- Precisely locating a fire from the control panel.
- Low cost of wiring for the system as a single pair of wires can be used to connect up to 200 devices.
- Detectors can be constantly monitored for warnings or faults.
- Alerting staff so they can check if there’s an actual fire before the main fire alarm is set off.
- Detector sensitivity can be set.
These are extremely useful if you have a large Birmingham organization as they can send warnings to the control panel when smoke or heat levels reach a certain level; allowing the problem to be investigated before the main fire alarm is set off and everyone is evacuated.
Here at Island Fire Protection, we have a range of addressable call systems also referred to as intelligent systems, which we will supply and install according to your business needs and requirements.